Android auto is a marvelous smart driving app that helps you to be in connection with your Google assistant while driving. It is a very simple app with having a very user-friendly interface. Some mobile addicts never want to get disconnected from their mobile apps even while driving. Therefore, Android Auto is designed in such a way, that you can use an app with the help of an assistant even while driving. However, you may face android auto not working after an update. This may be due to various problems. So, let us have a look at everything about the android auto app.
How to use Android auto app
Before using an android auto app you must meet some of the following requirements.
- Firstly, You must possess a smart phone having android version 6.0 or above.
- Secondly, Your car should be compatible with android auto app.
- Above all, Good internet connection- To function smoothly.
After you meet the following requirements, you can connect it by various methods:
Android Auto connection on your mobile display
It is very easy to set up the android auto app on your mobile phone.
- Navigate to Google Play store and search for Android Auto app.
- Press on the install button. It will start downloading.
- As soon as it gets downloaded. Open android auto and follow the simple steps that are displayed on your screen.
- Grant permission to all terms and conditions. Don’t worry your information are safe with google.
- Also allow Android Auto to access all your features and required apps permissions.
- Activate notifications for the most effective user experience.
- If pairing with Bluetooth, or any other device, choose the best system and allow auto-launch for Android Auto.
- And cheers! your android auto app is connected.
Android auto connection with car through USB
Basic requirements remain the same as mentioned above:
- Visit google play store and install the Android Auto app.
- Before connection, please be sure to check your internet connectivity. It should be good.
- Connect your phone to car display via USB cable.
- Your car should be on and in the park.
- Next step is to allow android auto app to access apps and features from your phone. Do not worry about the privacy. It’s safe with google.
- Allow all necessary permissions and terms and conditions.
- And cheers once again! you have connected to android auto through USB
How to use android auto wirelessly
The requirements are the same as for the USB connection mode. You don’t have to do any additional settings and configuration. Just follow the prompts displayed on your screen while configuring through USB. After setting it up, disconnect the USB cable. Next time when you get into your car, the android auto app will automatically be connected to mobile wirelessly. And then you can enjoy all your apps while driving.
You may also like: https://editorialsview.com/how-to-get-water-out-of-you-phone-speaker/
Android auto not working?
Many times with the latest Android Auto update, many apps stopped working. To fix this you can try installing an older version of Android Auto. But before that here are some troubleshooting you can try:
1. Restart your phone
To avoid the temporary glitch that may have occurred in your phone. You need to restart your phone. It reboots and your temporary problem can be solved. Press the power button for a little longer. You will see multiple options according to your device. Select the Reboot/Restart option and wait for few minutes. However, if your problem is not solved you can follow another method.
2. Update the phone
Sometimes this problem may occur due to outdated software issues. Update to the latest version by navigating to the update option in Settings -> Software update. Click on the update button and wait till the process gets completed. After the update is completed reboot your phone. Restart is done to make the necessary changes done after the update.
3. Clear cache memory
This is also one of the best solutions to many problems with your phone. It can be due to cache memory that your android auto is not working. To clear cache memory for the android auto app.
Navigate Settings-> Apps->Search for auto apps->scroll down and look cache memory-> Select cache memory-> Clear cache memory. And, you are done.
4. Check car settings
It may not always be an android auto app that may create a problem. This can be due to car settings connected to the mobile device. Check all the necessary configurations and check whether your car is compatible with the android auto app or not.
In case you missed it: https://editorialsview.com/google-digital-wellbeing-how-to-disable-it-and-delete-it/
Android auto not working after update?
If you are facing the problem of the android auto app not working after an update. Here we have the easiest and tried methods to fix that problem. Before start, remember that mirroring apps like Carestream, CarTube, Screen2Auto, and others are not officially supported by Google and, unfortunately, do not work on all phones.
At the moment the biggest issues are with some Oppo, Realme, and Xiaomi smartphones and with Android 11. So be careful. To make mirroring Apps work again on Android Auto, we can do a few things. One of these is to downgrade Android Auto and roll back to the working version.
Switch back to the older version
- The first step Uninstall Android Auto.
- Go to phone settings. Open App settings->uninstall Android Auto.
- If you can’t uninstall Android Auto, try disabling the app.
- Once android auto is uninstalled we need to check the phone’s processor type.
- However, If you don’t know how to do that, you can go to settings and navigate processor type.
- Or install Droid Hardware Info from the Play Store. In this way, you can download the corrèct version of Android Auto for your phone.
- Now we are ready to install Android Auto.
Install older version of android auto app
- Firstly, Open Chrome or any other browser and go to the download page of Android Auto.
- Download the version of Android Auto compatible with your phone’s processor.
- Install the APK you’ve just downloaded and Check that the installation was successful.
- Now you need to prevent the phone from installing the latest version of Android Auto.
- To do this you have to block automatic updates on the play store.
- Open Play Store. Tap on the top-right icon and select Settings.
- Go to General. Tap Auto-update apps and select Don’t auto-update apps.
- Also, disable automatic system app updates by going into your phone’s settings.
And that’s all!!! We hope this procedure can help you solve the problem with mirroring apps and android auto not working after the update problem.
Google to shut android auto and to be replaced by Google assistant
Update as on 23-08-2021: Google will shut down the ‘Android Auto for Phone Screens’ app from Android 12 version onwards. This will help anyone looking for a driving-friendly interface for their Android phone. Moreover, Google says that car owners should use the Google Assistant, available within the Google Maps app, or the native Android Auto interface available inside cars compatible with it. However, Google promises that the user experience will not be change for anyone using Android Auto while driving a car.
The new app will automatically be updated on cars that come with the Android Auto app installed. However, for folks using old cars and unluckily not having built-in Android auto app, they will lose access to the driving-friendly interface available. We wish that you are not one of the unlucky person!!