Dogs are one of the most sensitive animals that are directly attached to human beings. Moreover, dogs are known to be the first species to be domesticated in the world. They are also referred to as “Man’s best friends”. Modern dog breeds exhibit greater variations in size, appearance and behavior than other pets. In domestic dogs, sexual maturity occurs between six months and one year for males and females, although in larger breeds it is delayed by up to two years until the females are in their first estrogen cycle. So, here we will look at some interesting and fun facts about dogs that will really amaze you.
Interesting facts about Dogs
- Various Studies shows that fondling a dog for 15 minutes can reduce blood pressure by up to 10%.
- In result, it can help to reduce feelings of stress and depression and combat loneliness.
- The wetness on the nose of a dog is a sign of good health and helps it to collect scents.
- In fact, your dog has a 100,000 times better sense of smell than you.
- It’s not shocking that your dog can actually smell things like anxiety.
- Dogs have three eyelids, including one that keeps their eyes moist and protected.
- The word “poppy” is derived from the French word poupee which means doll.
- Dogs have twice as many ear muscles as humans and their hearing sense is more than ten times more accurate than that of humans.
- Dogs can see better when they move their eyes than humans.
- A dog’s nose has a unique pattern that serves to identify it as similar to human fingerprints. A dog’s nose print is a type that resembles a person’s fingerprint. Dog nose prints are unique in that they are so similar that no two are the same
Fun facts about dogs
- One study showed that a man’s chances of getting a girl’s phone number increased from 10% to 33% if he had a dog with him.
- Just like humans sweat, dogs sweat on their feet. And just as humans are scared when they sweat, dogs can pick them up.
- Dogs are smarter than 2-year-old children and can recognize up to 150 words and gestures.
- They quickly learn the names of new objects and understand gestures better than words.
- Most importantly, dogs are born blind, deaf and toothless but begin to see after 2-3 weeks.
- Due to the structure of the eyes, dogs can see better than humans in low light.
- Dogs are man’s best friends. Because they are kept as pets and are loyal to the man. However, dogs can be envious of people who show their affection.
- A UCSD study claims that your dog will be jealous when it sees you showing affection for another being.
Some other interesting facts and benefits of having a dog
Dogs can register sound at 35,000 vibrations per second, compared to our 20,000, and they also have a wonderful sense of smell. Humans can perceive sound at about 20 times per second, while dogs can perceive frequencies at about 30,000 times per second. Dogs can hear sounds twice as fast as our range, so it seems that smaller dogs can hear better.
Dogs have a sense of smell that is stronger than ours: 10,000 to 100,000 times faster, and they have more than 220 million olfactory receptors in their nose, whereas humans have only 5 million. They seem to smile more often than humans, open their mouths wide and grin. Because, much like our vision at dusk, dogs have fewer taste buds than humans.
In case you missed it: https://editorialsview.com/how-to-survive-being-lost-at-sea-earthquake-and-tornado/
Dogs have the same type of slow-wave sleep (SWS) and fast eye movements (REM) as humans. In large dog breeds, the heartbeats 60 to 100 times per minute, in smaller dog breeds between 100 and 140 times. Dogs can breathe about 15 times a minute while seated.
Benefits of keeping dog
Dogs can be beneficial for the health and well-being of their owners. For example, petting a dog in the presence of humans has been shown to reduce cardiovascular, behavioral, and psychological anxiety indicators. But, people should be aware that dogs of all ages, including puppies, can transmit harmful germs that can make people sick.
Some disadvantages of keeping dog
Salmonella bacteria transmitted through contaminated food can spread between animals, including dogs, humans, and humans themselves. Humans can become infected by inhaling infectious droplets from a sick dog or cat or coughing into the air.
You may also like: https://editorialsview.com/how-to-be-a-good-friend-ways-to-improve-yourself/
Capnocytophaga does not make dogs or cats ill but can spread to humans. Domesticated and semi-domesticated animals such as dogs are universal in human society. Dogs and cats can contract diseases and transmit them to humans.
Parasites are common in dogs and can cause disease in other pets and humans. Cleaning up after dogs can help to keep the environment clean and reduce the risk of disease spreading to humans and other animals.
These were some of the most interesting and fun facts about dogs. We hope you like them. Do comment any other interesting facts you know about dogs.